“There is a yin and yang to everything in the universe. They are like two sides to the same coin, one cannot exist without the other and they compliment each other”
Join us for this unique opportunity to explore your “yin-side” over a 5-day Urban Retreat Adelaide. This course is open to those who are either already 200-hour qualified yoga teachers, or dedicated students wanting to dive in and learn more for their own personal practice and enjoyment. Yoga teachers will deepen their knowledge and practice of Yin yoga, while cultivating teaching skills that will allow them to facilitate this practice for their students.
Yin yoga is growing in popularity, largely in response to what has become a very “yang”-dominated yoga culture. People are discovering the benefits of a quieter, more still practice – not just in their physical bodies, but also in their nervous and energy systems.
The course material you can look forward to will include:
- A study of Yin asanas
- An alternate look at anatomy and physiology for yoga
- Explore the differences between a yin and yang practice
- Yin sequencing and class themes
- Pranayama and meditation in a Yin practice
- Muscle meridian theory and related organs (courtesy of Dr Motoyama & Paul Grilley’s research)
- The energy system and Chakras
- Fascia research and its function and qualities relevant to YIN
- The concept and importance of Chi
- Teaching styles and methodologies in Yin yoga, including “partner yin” and “wall yin