Mel Mclaughlin from the Yin space will be leading us for a 4 day immersion into all things Yin.
This 50 hr course will be held at our Burleigh Heads studio and ideal for any current or aspiring yoga teacher to attend.
What's on offer urban training style?
Join us this March 2018 on the Gold Coast at Burleigh Heads for the 2nd yin teacher training urban-style we have hosted with Melanie McLaughlin for her inspiring 50 hour Yin Teacher Training programme.
We will slip off the radar for a few days of yin “chill-pill”. Exploring our ‘Yin-sides’ over 4 days of deep immersion into the other side of the yoga coin. We are keeping it small and intimate with only 14 places available.
A little about Melanie McLaughlin
Mel has been practicing everything ‘yoga’ since her lengthy sojourn in India 16 years ago. While based at the Sivananda ashram in Kerala, Mel not only focused on the postures of yoga but meditation, breath work and every other positive experience yoga has to offer and she spontaneously stayed on for her first of many teacher trainings.
Mel then continued to train with the likes of Nicole Walsh and Baron Baptiste in the style of Power Yoga; Twee Merrigan in the style of Vinyasa Flow and with Paul Grilley in the form of Yin Yoga, Yin being her real passion.
Fusing together all these trainings Mel found a platform to create her own unique teaching style, which is a blend of Western/Traditional Indian and Taoist approaches.
Over the past eight years Mel has been both leading and assisting 200-Hour Teacher Training programs and Art of Alignment modules for ‘BodyMindLife’ and also ‘This is Yoga’ a studio she co-directed and launched, and also her very own ‘The Yin Space’. So its with huge personal satisfaction and enthusiasm that now and for the past 18 months, Mel leads her own 100-Hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training to yin enthusiasts. She is an avid student of Paul Grilley in person and remotely and completed 240-Hours training with him in 2013/16 which topped off her 10 year love affair with her own personal practice and exploration of yin. With this formal training under her belt Mel had all the tools to create a unique formula for teaching and understanding Yin Yoga. The trainings are designed to give you a deep personal experience of yin (yoga and energy) as well as jam packed with intellectual knowledge and useable tools.
Drawing on her studies of Metaphysics, Acu-energetics, Reiki and other healing modalities Mel’s teachings blends the physical, mental and energetic bodies in regards to yin yoga and teaching in general.
An honored ex-ambassador of Lululemon Athletica, she also regularly contributes to Australian Yoga Journal, Women’s health and Women’s fitness magazine’s and various online health and wellbeing sites. She was proud to have co-created and be a founding director of This Is Yoga and currently holds space online at The Yin Space.
Mel can now share this wealth of experience and expertise through her own, Yoga Australia recognized 50-hour yin teacher-training course.
Over the length of the retreat we will be offering 45 contact hours where you will BE yin in your meditation, pranayama and asana practices.
The course material you can look forward to will include:
• Yin sequencing and themes of sequencing classes/workshops inc take home sequences used in training
• A study of Yin asana, the breakdown of key postures and how to 'prop' them and deal with common issues and injuries.
• An alternate look at yoga anatomy and physiology
• Explore "what are the differences between a yin and yang practice?" and why we need them both.
• Pranayama and meditation in Yin, the study and practice of.
• Modern muscle meridian theory and related organs (Dr Motoyama’s & Paul Grilley research) more commonly known as the main 12 acupuncture meridians, their related mental and energetic qualities and their place in a yin yoga class.
• The energetic body and Chakras in relation to meridians and postures.
• Fascia research including embryology development and the concept and importance of Chi and meridians
• Teaching styles in yin - including yin at the wall and props
commence on Thursday 15th march 8am - Sunday 18th March 7pm
Pre-requisites to attend
- if you would like to teach yin send a copy of your 200HRS level 1 Yoga Teacher Training certificate (not wanting to teach afterward? - alternatively email me with your life/yin/body/energetic/mind experiences and training and it will be also possible to attend if you simply wish to deepen your practice and knowledge of yin for yourself)
- Purchasing a copy of Paul Grilley - Yin Yoga practice and principles,(blue cover book)
- purchasing/borrowing for the duration of training a medium/large bolster
- 5 hours of external yin classes via online /book /studio or private sessions /masterclasses amounting to 5 hours.
The 50 hour teacher training is recognised by Yoga Australia for continuing professional development points and member upgrades.
Early bird $1050 in full one payment before the 15th January 2018
Full Price $1250 payment is due in full on 8th March 2018 with a $500 non-refundable deposit is due at the time of booking to secure your place in the course.
Cancellation & Withdrawal from course:
For cancellations more than 4 weeks prior course commencement, all fees will be refunded less the $500 non-refundable deposit.
For cancellations within 4 weeks of commencement date, a 50% cancellation fee applies.
For cancellations within 2 weeks of commencement date, no refund will be given.
100% attendance is required for certificate to be awarded
A Typical day
8am – meditation
8.20am – practice #1
10.30am - brunch
11.00am – lecture #1
1.15pm – lunch
2pm – lecture #2
4.30pm – small tea break
4.45pm – practice #2 or lecture #3
6pm – practice #2 or final Q&A / pranayama /discussion or video.
If you wish to register your interest/make a booking please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following;
A copy of your 200hr YTTC certification OR your interest in joining as an avid fan of Yin
Limited spaces are available (we keep this training at an intimate 14 students )