This 50 hour Yin Yoga training module with Mel Mclaughlin of The Yin Space is a great introduction to the practice of yin yoga, and will also prepare teachers for a deeper dive into any subsequent Yin Yoga Teacher Training. Hosted by Caelo in the heart of Paris at studio Espace Sattva. A well rounded workshop to prepare teachers wishing to teach yin & for those who aren’t teachers, this is simply a juicy experience to quench your thirst as a student for more time in yin practice.
Over the length of the retreat we will be offering 44 contact hours where you will BE yin in your meditation, pranayama and asana practices.
Your days will be “bookended” by deep long classes as we layer intellectual knowledge with somatic experience. The course material you can look forward to will include:
• Yin sequencing and themes of sequencing classes/workshops including take home sequences used in training
• A study of Yin asana, the breakdown of key postures and how to 'prop' them and deal with common issues and injuries.
• An alternate look at yoga anatomy and physiology • Explore "what are the differences between a yin and yang practice?" and why we need them both.
• Pranayama and meditation in Yin
• Modern muscle meridian theory and related organs (Dr Motoyama’s & Paul Grilley research) known as the main 12 acupuncture meridians, their related mental and energetic qualities and their place in a yin yoga class.
• The energetic body and Chakras in relation to meridians and postures.
• Fascia research including embryology development and the concept and importance of Chi and meridians
• Teaching styles in yin - including yin at the wall and props
• The pivotal yin poses /breakdown and study
You’ll cultivate a simple daily meditation practice to do at home, enjoy long, juicy yin yoga asana practices, and have the chance to ask questions about your own personal yin practice.
You can expect around 20 hours of practical experience, including asana classes with pranayama and meditation. In a true yin yoga practice we layer mind knowledge over the wisdom of the body for a practical and integrated experience.
Earlybird: 675 euros for the 50hrs teacher training (TT) workshops before 15th Dec 2017
Cost: 775 euros from 15th Dec 2017-3rd Jan 2017
(Alternately 250 euros to deposit - (non-refundable)- to hold your place and pay in cash with full receipt issued on day one of training 3rd Jan 2017)
Pre-requisites to attend are 200HRS level 1 Yoga Teacher Training certified to teach (or alternatively email me with your life/yin/body/energetic/mind experiences and training and it will be also possible to attend if you simply wish to deepen your practice and knowledge of yin for yourself)
Purchase of Paul Grilleys 'Yin - a quiet practice' - pre reading and course work.
Bookings and enquiries to Mel - email@example.com
Any Queries regarding location/directions only to Jennifer : 01 45 08 59 10, firstname.lastname@example.org
A Typical day
9am – meditation
9.20am – practice #1
11.30am - brunch
12.00pm – lecture #1
2.15pm – lunch
3pm – lecture #2
5.30pm – small tea break
5.45pm – practice #2 or lecture #3
7pm – cont practice #2 or final Q&A / pranayama /discussion or video.