This yin yoga training module can be used as a teaser to dive deeper into the full 100HR teacher training* or simply a juicy module to quench your thirst as a student for more time in practice.
Over the weekend you will gain a basic understanding of:
- Why we do what we do in a yin practice
- What’s the difference between a yin and a yang practice
- Insight into Taoist philosophy and history of Yin Yoga
- How we can use props in Yin to deepen or lighten the load
- What are the acupuncture channels and why are they important to us in Yin yoga
- What is fascia, why do we care..and how can we release it?
- Why we should exercise joints
- What are chakras and why are they relevant in Yin?
- Cultivate a basic daily meditation practice
- Longer asana practices
- Q & A time
- What to expect:
You can expect around 10- 12 hours of practical sessions including asana class / pranayama and meditation. Physical experience is essential in Yin. Once we have experience the practice we can layer the mind knowledge over the top of the body wisdom. You will be well equipped to have a good basic understanding of why we do what we do in YIN to teach or simply have it as an investment into your own personal practice.
*Yoga teachers will receive 25hrs of continuing educational training by participating in this course. For those of you who go on to complete the 100hrs Yin TT some of the material will be repeated, as a great reminder and deepening of the knowledge.
for bookings click BELOW
Cancellation & Withdrawal Policy:
•For cancellations more than 4 weeks prior course commencement, all fees will be refunded
•For cancellations within 4 weeks of commencement date, a 50% cancellation fee applies.
•For cancellations within 2 weeks of commencement date, no refund will be given.